Listening to Myself

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Quiz

I took this quiz because a number of other blogs I read have been taking it too... and I can't say I'm surprised at the results.

HASH(0x8c2a158)
You speak eloquently and have seemingly read every
book ever published. You are a fountain of
endless (sometimes useless) knowledge, and
never fail to impress at a party.
What people love: You can answer almost any
question people ask, and have thus been
nicknamed Jeeves.
What people hate: You constantly correct their
grammar and insult their paperbacks.


What Kind of Elitist Are You?
brought to you by Quizilla

What I do find funny though is that every blogger I read who has taken this quiz has gotten the same results as me.

We had our first childbirth class on tuesday evening, and I'm looking forward to going back. I think it will be a good and useful class for us, even though we have already been through this once. We are the only couple in the class who have a child already and that does seem to give us some special status or something. It is a little funny to be looked up to in that way, especially since everyone in the class is older than we are. I had an appointment with my midwife yesterday morning to do the blood draw for the glucose test (oh joys!). I found drinking 400 ml of apple juice vastly superior to drinking that weird glucose drink I had to chug last time - definitely nice to have the option to pick my own glucose source. It didn't seem to make me feel anywhere near as weird and off as it did when I was pregnant with Emma, which I'm not sure if that is a function of the drink, my health, or what. I also got my list of stuff they want me to have on hand for the homebirth, which was fun to look at. I definitely feel like things are going pretty fast now - I can't believe that September is almost gone already.

I've been meaning to give an update on the genuine encounter thing, but I haven't really gotten my thoughts together enough to write anything. Emma is currently on the couch and ready with a book, so I best go see what she's picked out. I can only stall so long! The short of it is that it is definitely making a positive difference!

6 Comments:

  • Mmm, yes. I love the midwifery model of GD testing! LOL! With John, we hadn't found a midwife yet, so I had to take the orange stuff. I got so sick, nearly passed out walking to the car, walked into a bike rack on the back of a Jeep and while I didn't have GD, I did have a heck of a shiner for about a week. With Smidge, we'd gone back to the midwife, and I got to drink a coke. One whole coke. That was it. No fainting, no shiner, no puking in the car. It was heavenly. LOL.

    Have a wonderful Thursday!
    Dy

    By Blogger Dy, at 10:54 PM  

  • OK, I had to go take the quiz (since it seemed safe that I wouldn't get stuck w/ Adolf Hitler as my answer). I think if you're not thoroughly, wholeheartedly into art, music or food, you're going to be a book snob. LOL.

    I think the most accurate answer, though, would've come if they could somehow tally all the "none of the above" answers I'd have plugged in. Not one of them was even close. Well, except for stocking the house with books. That one I'm guilty of. :-)

    Dy

    By Blogger Dy, at 10:59 PM  

  • Yes, a none of the above would have been nice. And I do think there is some self-selection going on here, as I think bloggers are more likely to be more bookish or at least more word oriented than a more general sample of the population - or at least the "snob" population.

    I guess if there was a none of the above answer, then that would probably mean you aren't a snob at all - and where's the fun in that? :-)

    By Blogger Amber, at 9:47 AM  

  • Hurray for homebirths and midwives -- that's what I'm doing too, and I'm delighted to hear that the stupid glucose test (why should I have to take a glucose test when there's less than no chance I have any problems?) is less of a ordeal to dread.

    Oh, and technology is on the march: I scheduled my ultrasound and found that I don't have to drink 32 oz. of water beforehand. THAT makes me happy! It's hard to enjoy the ultrasound when you're sloshing around on the table.

    By Blogger mrsdarwin, at 1:19 PM  

  • Oh, now that is an improvement!! I will never forget waiting for over an hour for an ultrasound w/ my first pregnancy at about 20 weeks because the ultrasound person was running late. I had drunk so much liquid before I even got there, and then to wait that long before I was even up on the table? Oh, that was such serious agony. The whole time in the waiting room I just kept looking at the restroom - it was quite an exercise in self-control (in more ways than one, I suppose!) At least the ultrasound person was nice enough to notice my hugely full bladder and apologize!

    By Blogger Amber, at 3:04 PM  

  • I took the quiz and came up with the same result (although I had an awful lot of answers swinging towards the food realm). Maybe they have only one result :)

    As far as the GD test goes, what's sad is that I kinda like the orange drink until after the third or forth gulp.

    By Blogger Julie, at 8:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home