Listening to Myself

Thursday, July 21, 2005

It's raining!

This is so weird. We've dropped 10 degrees in the course of the afternoon and the skies have been darkening considerably. We're now just below 70 degrees at 4 o'clock on a July afternoon, after seeing a high of about 80 around noon. I've been futzing around the house, thinking "goodness, if I didn't live in the Bay Area, I would think we're in for a thunderstorm soon!" It certainly isn't anywhere near a thunderstorm, but there is water falling from the sky. Emma is out in the backyard in her rainboots and I think I will go and join her.

I'm so glad that our heat wave broke a couple days ago... and this is just icing on the cake!

1 Comments:

  • What fun! I have these awesome memories of being little and running outside in the rain in our raincoats and boots...we'd sail boats in the ditch beside the lawn and when we were super cold we'd come in for "grog" (chicken broth). When Jonathan gets bigger I hope I can do such things with him.

    By Blogger Emily (Laundry and Lullabies), at 6:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home