Listening to Myself

Sunday, July 03, 2005

A little announcement

I haven't been posting much to this blog over the past couple months because I felt a little uncertain how I wanted to write about one of the main things going on in my life right now. I've decided that I'm tired of this, and I would like to be able to break the mental logjam, so I figured I would just make this little announcement and then hopefully that will make me feel a bit more comfortable writing here again. So... the news is that I'm pregnant - about 17 weeks along at this point. I'm due in mid-December. We're planning a homebirth, using a fantastic midwife in our area. We are also planning on taking a rather intensive childbirth prep class called Mindful Birthing. My midwife said that the couples who have taken this class have had some of the best and most consistent results she has seen during the birthing process, which I consider high praise given the number of births she has attended.

Matt, Emma and I are all really excited about this new little one. So far, the pregnancy has been going well, and I've been much less nauseous with this one than I was when I was pregnant with Emma. Emma likes to put her head on my belly and try to listen for the baby, and recently she's started singing to the baby as well. She is having a little bit of a hard time understanding just how far away December is, but so far she's being very patient. Emma decided, from very early on in the pregnancy, that this baby is going to be a boy. She was hoping for twins or a girl, but she's informed me many times that I'm going to have a boy. We have no intention of finding out ahead of time, so we'll just have to wait until December to see if she is right!

I've also added a cute little countdown type thing in the right sidebar on my blog, so if you ever want to try and remember how far along I am, that is a good place to look. :-) (I'll be using it too!)

1 Comments:

  • Congrats, Amber (and Matt, and Emma)! Please keep blogging about your experiences, to the extent that you're comfortable.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home