Listening to Myself

Thursday, July 21, 2005

Playgroup dropout

Ever since I thought of the title for this post, I've had that song "Beauty School Dropout" from Grease stuck in my head. Get it out, get it out!

Anyways... yes, I did it, I dropped out of the playgroup I was in. I realized that belonging to something that I dreaded going to is probably not exactly the greatest idea. I also didn't feel like I was getting much out of it (other than fodder for my blog I suppose, and there's a lot more I've thought about posting, but have resisted for charity's sake), and I don't think Emma was getting much out of it either. She's far more into imaginary play than the other children (I'm sure part of it is that she's 6 months older) and none of them are really interested in playing like that.

So, I'm going to give some more thought to trying to get my AP-ish playgroup really going, and I'm also going to look a bit more into the local homeschooling playgroup(s). There's got to be something out there! Of course, by the time I find it we'll probably be ready to move. :-)

Speaking of which, this afternoon rainshower has really made me think that I want to move somewhere where it rains during the summer! Ah, I love the smell of everything as it rains... the scent of the plants and the earth are so much more intense. I went out and planted a bunch of flowers I had started from seed while it was dripping, and it was just lovely. The air still smells all clean and fresh and recharged. I love it!

2 Comments:

  • Oh man -- sometimes I wish I could drop playgroup, or at least not come every week... Of course, our most annoying person dropped a few weeks ago, and it's actually been far less stressful since.

    Does Bread and Jam for Frances bother you because it gives you cravings, or because Albert's lunch makes you ill?

    By Blogger mrsdarwin, at 11:20 AM  

  • Bread and Jam just involves way too much food for me, in too little space. If it were just one or two dishes, I think it would be fine but with everything described in such detail it is just overwhelming!

    By Blogger Amber, at 5:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home