Listening to Myself

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Watermelon

Last night we walked up to our local grocery store and they had those smaller watermelons on sale. I've been wanting to try one, so we bought one... then my poor husband had to carry it home because Emma need to rush home to use the potty! (Thanks, hon, I appreciate it!) Emma and I opened it up today and proceeded to eat half of it for lunch. It was so tasty! The funniest part was that Emma peeled the watermelon sticker off the melon, looked around for a place to put it, then with a huge smile stuck it right on my big belly. We both thought that was a pretty funny joke.

It is so much fun watching her develop a sense of humor!

3 Comments:

  • Oh, that's precious! I love to see that sense of humor develop and grow in such a sweet spirited way. How are you feeling, in that realm? I am so thrilled that the temps are coming down and soon fall will be upon us! *happy sigh*
    Dy

    By Blogger Dy, at 11:55 PM  

  • I know what you mean about looking forward to the temps coming down!! I am so tired of the heat here too. I am so much more sensitive to it this summer, I guess because I am pregnant. I'm doing pretty well with the pregnancy - still tiring out a bit more quickly but that's about it. I started having a few Braxton-Hicks contractions over the weekend which was an interesting experience... I didn't really have any of those with my first pregnancy, and especially not this early!

    By Blogger Amber, at 10:17 AM  

  • *hee hee* I think the pregnancy definitely affects the heat sensitivity. Last time, I was 18 months pregnant (or it felt that way, at least, it was actually only seven) in July, in Southern New Mexico. The hottest July on record - we went two weeks with daily highs over 113', and I felt like such. a. wimp. Until I heard it was a record-setter, lol.

    Is Emma excited about the baby? I love the watermelon sticker - she sounds like a total sweetheart.

    By Blogger Dy, at 8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home