Listening to Myself

Thursday, January 05, 2006

We are all really enjoying Gregory. He's such a wonderful and amazing baby (although as his mother I suppose I'm rather predisposed to saying that). He seems older than just two and a half weeks, and not just because he's become part of our family so smoothly and easily. We're all amazed at how strong he is, and how alert. He has a remarkable amount of control over his head and even his torso, and his neck is already quite strong. He also has very long alert periods already - this afternoon he was awake and alert for about two and a half hours. I had him in the fleece pouch for awhile, and he also laid on the couch and in the boppy and watched Emma and I clean up the family room. (As an aside, I finally got the Christmas stuff put away - yippee!) He's also reached the nursing incessantly stage in the evenings, which so far has been far easier than it was with Emma. I think it helps that I know what a good latch looks like now. Ah, experience is so useful, isn't it!

I really should post some more pictures, but I need to figure out a good way to do it. Right now, I write posts on my laptop but I sync the digital camera to the desktop system upstairs. So... I need to figure out what's the best way to deal with this. I guess I could walk upstairs and post from that computer *gasp* but somehow that solution doesn't appeal to me. Hmm...

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home