Listening to Myself

Friday, December 16, 2005

No Change

I haven't posted anything because nothing particularly interesting is happening. Well, that's not entirely true... progress is being made, it is just happening veerrryyy slooowwwly. Another cm dialated, irregular contractions are getting a little stronger, that sort of thing... all good things, but it would be nice to actually really go into labor! My midwife seems surprised that I haven't delivered yet - I guess physically I look ready to go, and have for the last week and a half. So, still waiting...

Tomorrow I'll be at 41 weeks and in order for my midwife to fulfill her licensing standards of care obligations, I have to start doing a half hour with a monitor strapped to my belly starting on Sat and then every three days after that until the baby comes. If the baby hasn't come by early next week, then we get to start talking about castor oil and such. I am thankful that I'm not with an OB who's chomping at the bit to hook me up to some pitocin, it is wonderful not to have that pressure at this point. I am also thankful that my midwife has the monitor in her office so that I don't have to go to the hospital for this. Not only will it be more comfortable to be in her office, we can skip the $450 hospital charge too.

I'm really hoping that I'll have the baby before my appointment tomorrow morning, but I'm not feeling especially hopeful about that at the moment. But still, this baby has to come out at some point, right?!?!?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home