Listening to Myself

Monday, November 28, 2005

Happy Camper

I got a call from my midwife and she said that I am GBS negative this time, yippee!! No stressing about my water breaking early and no IV antibiotics, both of which are quite a relief. I don't really understand how I can be positive one time and negative several years later, but whatever... I'll happily accept the test result without any further questioning.

It has started to rain this evening, which sounds absolutely lovely. We went out in our rain gear and took a stroll around the complex after dinner this evening and enjoyed the drizzle. It has picked back up since then into a nice steady rain again. It finally feels like fall is kicking in around here - quite a contrast to last year when it started raining in mid-October.

Another thing that is making me very happy right now is that Matt offered to let me borrow his nice cozy fleece pants this evening. They aren't exactly flattering (well, and what is, on a nine month pregnant woman??) but boy they are comfy! After I was extolling their virtues he asked when he might be getting them back and I told him he could have them back after the baby's born. I doubt I'll be that mean, but perhaps we can work out some sort of arrangement... he can wear them in the morning and I'll take them in the evening. *grin*

Oh, something I forgot to mention in my last post... this came up at Thanksgiving and I thought it was rather amusing. My family is rather astonished that my daughter considers a gun a vital piece of equipment for going into the woods. Not that we're packing whenever we take a hike, but rather I think it stems from reading the Little House on the Prarie books to a 3 1/2 year old. She's very concerned about protecting herself and whoever is with her from bears and wolves and doesn't seem to be above a little game hunting for supper either. I rather enjoy this role playing, and I must admit that I also rather enjoy how it shocks my rather liberal and gun-phobic family.

Goodness, two posts in one day, and very little of interest in each. I guess that's what happens when I don't post for awhile.

3 Comments:

  • Hi Amber,
    I don't really have anything to comment on specific to this particular post but I just thought I would let you know how much I enjoy your blog. I have saved it as a favourite in my explorer, so everytime I log on I check my email and then check to see if you've posted since I was last online. I hope you continue posting after the birth of your baby, I can only imagine the entertaining baby stories you could share!

    Wishing you all the best for the upcoming excitement!
    -- Jacqui
    Melbourne, Australia

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:09 AM  

  • Thanks, Jacqui!

    That certainly is one of the interesting things about blogs, isn't it... you never know quite who's out there. :-)

    I appreciate you taking a moment to say hi!

    By Blogger Amber, at 9:41 AM  

  • Noogs (3 1/2) and I just finished reading Little House in the Big Woods, on the day that Daddy went out to the shooting range and then cleaned his gun at the kitchen table. She was fascinated and remembered that Pa cleaned his gun every night, so she asked lots of questions.

    I'm not sure if we'll move on to Little House on the Prairie right away because I don't know if most of it would just be over her head. Maybe not -- I wish I could remember being 3!

    By Blogger mrsdarwin, at 9:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home