Listening to Myself

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Yes, we did get home

Boy I was tired yesterday! We got home at about 2:30am, after even more delays at the airport (they had trouble finding someone to fuel the plane, minor problem...). Thankfully the parking lot shuttle was quick to come and we had a smooth drive home once we got out of the airport area. I'm hoping that things will be a bit more back to normal today as I was completely dead yesterday and barely managed to do anything. Today I plan on doing some laundry, grocery shopping and hopefully making a batch of cookies so that I can give some to my brother as a thank you for checking in on the cats. We'll see how I do though - I also have to have enough energy to go the childbirth class tonight!

When we got back early Monday morning we noticed that our next door neighbors have a for sale sign up in their front yard... I looked it up online yesterday and they are asking 565K for their 3 bedroom, 2.5 bath 1600 sq. ft. condo (w/ a garage and a postage stamp backyard). Over a half a million dollars for a condo in the 'burbs, well over an hour (at commute times - 45 min with no traffic) from San Jose and San Francisco! Yeesh. There's another one that is the same floorplan as the one we live in that is on the market for 535K. I mentioned this to my mom and she said "Well, that gives us that much more to work with if you stay in Livermore, right?" I guess she has not given up on that particular idea, which isn't exactly a surprise. I of course love my mom and we have a great relationship and all, but sometimes I feel like I... Must... Break... FREE!! *grin*

Something Matt and I were both struck by when we were driving around up in WA was how right the area felt to us. We both just felt like we belonged there and that it would be the right move for us. In many ways, I think it is the more challenging choice for us, but with challenge comes growth and (hopefully positive!) change, right? I think we'll be able to live richer and more fulfilling lives there, and I also think it will be a better place for us to raise our family than around here.

Well, enough of all that. I think I'm going to pop in a load of laundry and start on my cookies now.

3 Comments:

  • Oh, I know that feeling! (Well, both feelings - the total exhaustion and the sense of "right" about a place.)

    SOOOOOO anxious to one day be reading about your Forever Home!

    Dy

    By Blogger Dy, at 6:52 PM  

  • Believe me, I'm looking forward to writing about it!! *grin*

    By Blogger Amber, at 11:23 PM  

  • OK, let me see if I've got this straight...

    You can blog FROM THE AIRPORT, but you get home and we hear nothing all week??

    Sheesh, it's not like you're a mom, and pregnant, and in the middle of a major life-changing path...

    Still, you're thought of and missed. Blog soon.
    dy

    By Blogger Dy, at 7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home