Listening to Myself

Monday, November 28, 2005

Waiting

Ah, waiting. It build character or something, right?

I am almost at the point where I am further along in this pregnancy than I got in my pregnancy with Emma, since she was born at 38 weeks, 3 days. I am definitely starting to get huge now, and the baby and I are having a hard time figuring out sleeping positions that work for both of us. The baby seems to prefer me to sleep on my left (which is what I'm supposed to be doing anyways) but that makes my hip uncomfortable after a few hours. My back is out of the question, as it makes me feel like a flipped over turtle. My right side would be much more comfortable for me, but it invariably wakes the baby and makes him kick and squirm for ages, until I flip back over to my left side. I am definitely getting up feeling a little groggy and grumpy these days!

Our Thanksgiving was quite nice, and a little more lower key than it has been for a few years. We had 13 people over at my parent's - all family, except for my sister's new boyfriend. It was rather nice being pregnant at Thanksgiving, as it kept me from overeating and also made me have fewer Thanksgiving responsibilities. I do enjoy cooking, but it was nice to let Matt have the lion's share of the cooking responsibilities for our family this year. He made a wonderful sausage stuffing for the turkey, and even made the sausage, bread, and broth (from scratch!) that went in it. I think it was well worth the effort too as it turned out extremely well.

I'm starting to get things ready for Christmas, but it seems a bit early to be doing too much for it. I've already done a fair amount of my Christmas shopping, and I have just about everything together for my Christmas cards. People have started putting up Christmas lights in our complex, which I enjoy looking at out the window at night. I'm not sure when I'll be able to get Matt up on the ladder to put up ours though :-) I'm looking forward to getting our tree and setting out the decorations. Seeing all the Christmas stuff starting to come out everywhere makes me feel just that much closer to having this baby, since we've associated this baby with Christmas ever since we found out that I'm pregnant.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home